Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jogoya StarHill

Well, I guess most people already knew what and where is Jogoya

I had accidentally 'bumped' into Jogoya a week before Raya. Office was planning for a buka puasa and the location was Impiana Hotel KLCC. So Hicham suggested the idea of Jogoya - though at time we could not make any reservation because apparently the booking for the whole month is full. Hence, while browsing the website http://www.jogoyarestaurants.com/ we saw a discounted promotion up until 29th August 2012. We decided then to go on the 28th of August which is yesterday :)

There's supposed to be seven of us but Hicham decided that he could not go, Mus had a bad flu so food shall be tasteless for him and Zayba had a last minute work so she can't make it either. So its just me, Edmund, Abang Ben and Firuz. Off we go at 6:30pm. We walked through the new connector bridge from Impiana Hotel KLCC all the way to Pavilion. We got lost for a while inside the building and both Edmund and Firuz were using Mr Google to search for the place which happens to be just one floor above of us :)

With the discounted price buffet for four people is roughly RM300. Expensive? Yes kind off, but let's see if it matches the reputation. The ambiance atmosphere is one of the first thing we noticed. We were brought to a table at the end of the restaurant. Aiyak, that far! But then again it encourages you to explore what is there along the way which is food food and more food.

The only station I did not stop by was the Sushi station and I did not take any steamboat as well. I started off with some Japanese , , and Chinese cuisine such as the famous Singapore Chilli Crab , the crabs were so soft that I end up eating the whole thing inclusive of the shell! Took some of these yummy scallops , some cheese oysters .

. - This I could not take although its tempting, the crab body is bigger than my palm. This one is strictly for members only :)

Took bits of this and that just to have a taste. Since this is my first time so I don't really know what really wanna eat. The food is not bad at all, in fact some are very delicious and to my liking. I am not saying that there's food which are not tasty, but some are not to my liking. Oyster with cheese is something which does not suit my taste buds that well. And even if I had wanted to eat raw oyster with lemon and Tabasco sauce, I end up watching watching Edmund having few of those. I need more time to tell my throat that everything is going to be just fine :)

We spent almost 2 and half hours there, eating almost everything. Haagen Dazs and New Zealand Ice Cream were on free flow. . There's a chocolate fondue as well.


Had a nice black coffee, and a whole small teapot of Wulong tea afterward. . I purposely chose this kinda teapot just to have an authentic feeling of drinking Chinese Tea :)

All and all its an exceptional dining experience for me. I do plan to go there and really eat for now I know what do I want. My phone decided to black out on me yesterday and hence I could not get any picture. Please note that the pictures above were taken from Google just to describe the food which I have eaten. Whole list of what they have can be viewed via their website. I am loving it!

2 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

where did u get your tummy upgrade?

Azlan Strider said...

wah..look so good..i heard about this place before this but never had a chance to try it..hehehe..maybe someday..hehehe

Regards,
-Strider-