Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekends

I took leave on Friday. I need to send my car for service, as I will be sending Ira back to her hostel in Batu Pahat. Takder kereta, patah kaki jugaklah rasanya. Jadik, cuma selesaikan urusan di bank bank yang berdekatan rumah ajer. Went to CIMB to deposit money for a friend who helped to buy the battery for my car. When we went around asking for battery prices; it ranges up until RM270. Pergh, its kinda too expensive for me. So a friend managed to buy a battery for a slightly cheaper price. I mean like, its the same thing; same brand why should I be paying for more. Hm, everything is increasing -meaning the PRICE that is. Price of oil increases, price of food increases, price of highway increases (toll that is) etc. The list goes on and on and on. The one thing that is not increasing - salary. Boo hoo hoo. :(

As I was there, I might as well ask for the personal loan procedures. I thought of applying for personal loan mainly to settle my phone bills with Telekom. Another 2k to go. It was during the time when I was staying with my sister, but since she is having financial problem (not to say that I don't), I might as well try to settle it by myself. I can't be waiting and asking for it every month, can I? The phone line was under my name and so the summon was written to me. I need to clear it because a letter by the lawyer indicates difficulties in future for loan applications etc. Yeah, I know, some will question my personal loan application to pay for my phone bill will increase my credits. But seriously I can still afford to pay small amount of RM as compared to settle the lump sum amount at one shot. Hehehehe, I already have 3 previous loans that I am still paying. Study loan, car loan & FaMo loan - Father & Mother loan :). the the officer by the name of Yati ( well, I call her Kak Yati out of respect) offered me credit card services as well. Hehehehe I am interested with only the CIMB Petronas Credit Card - from her explanation; up to RM50 discounts on petrol per month. Well to those who uses lot more petrol than I am perhaps the RM50 rebate doesn't worth that much. But to a person like me, who is stingy and tries to save whatever I can; that offer sure sounds ok. There is no annual fee which is good. I mean why pay for a credit card which you don't normally use (save your raised eyebrow for later part of my blog ok). I asked the mode of payment; the interest rate etc. Just to ensure that having credit won't trap me into more and more debt like what it did to a colleague. Every day receiving a call from the bank; regardless at what time of the day sure ain't good. I kept thinking why would the bank kept calling & haunting? Really scares me of wanting to have a credit card. Then I found that IT didn't pay the minimum payment required each month from the bank. No wonder the bank kept haunting. Well, people don't usually tell the whole stories right? Especially if it embarrasses themselves. Well, I just signed the credit card application forms anyway. I am not even sure if it will be approved.

Then I went to Maybank to update my bank book. I have learn my lesson. waiting too long & the transactions will be summarized; & then it will be harder for me to track whatever transaction that I have made. Especially now when I have started to use Maybank2u.Com. Yeah yeah I know, others are now experts at using Maybank2u.Com while I am still "crawling" (direct translation from Bahasa Melayu's merangkak-rangkak). As I was there, I asked about the Petronas Credit Card. Unfortunately it was only meant for those with minimum salary of 2k. So, instead they offer me the Flex card which has no annual fees imposed for the service (I think Flex stands for Flexible). It needs to be swiped at least twice a month regardless of the amount or they will charge you the service charge of RM 3.95 per month. Sounds good, and plus my salary goes into my Maybank account so definitely it will be easier for me to settle my credit card payment. I had intended to use Citibank Shell Credit Card earlier, but I was informed that the interest rate for Citibank Credit Card was slightly higher than other banks. Hm, I don't think its wise for me to do that.

I think credit card, pretty much like what cell phone used to be; is now a necessity. People used to think that those with cell phones are just show offs - well if you are always seen with the latest cell phones all the time; then perhaps indeed you are a show off. But then again, if you can afford it and you have nowhere else to spend your money lavishly - why not. I have had my share of the experience not having enough cash when I need to buy my new battery for the car. But I like they way the credit card consultants at both banks handled my inquiries and their concerns with the credit card concept for my clear understanding. Credit card is definitely not how you are lavishly spending your money (but you ARE spending the bank's money & later paying them back) with an interest if you failed to pay on time with the minimum amount required. That is what most people failed to understand. They make sure I understand the responsibility of having a credit card. A good advice I must say. For an emergency situation, a credit card is very much needed.

Once everything was settled, I went home, cooked some lunch, sweep the house, wash the clothes - well, actually the washing machine did most of the jobs on my behalf :). I love my old washing machine :) After all has been done, I took a nap. Replacing all my loss sleeps due to overworked huhuhu At about 3pm I received a message from Kak Yani informing me that due to HIGH SUSPECTS my leave application for this Monday 18th of February was rejected. Ala, I wish I was informed earlier so that I can try to apply for a swap of Leave since I managed to obtained the leave today. Drats. I had planned to send Ira back to MRSM this Monday. Damn damn damn!!!

No comments: