Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day To My Beloved Babah & Ayah

Its Father's Day again!!! It's the 3rd Sunday of the month and again the nation is celebrating Father's Day. Well everyday to me is a celebration day but I do get to buy cards with the wanted specific message (such as Father's day, mother's Day, Teacher's Day etc) only available on these certain dates. Normally in the past what I shall do is to purchase more than one cards & will be using it at other dates of the year. During my college days. I remember one card contains the history" Another driving force behind the establishment of the integration of Father's Day was Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, born in Creston, Washington. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, as a single parent reared his six children in Spokane, Washington. She was inspired by Anna Jarvis's efforts to establish Mother's Day. Although she initially suggested June 5, her father's birthday, she did not provide the organizers with enough time to make arrangements, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June. The first June Father's Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, WA, at the Spokane YMCA. (Well, plus minus that's the contain of the card I gave to my Babah). That was the first glimpse of Father's Day history that I got to know of. A bit "poyo" as I thought about my Babah - who is a Military Personnel as well. Some other sources for your reading convenience http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father.

Me & Babah having discussions on life & economics crisis - petrol especially grrrrr!!!!
Nope, fortunately (for me) & unfortunately for my Babah & Ayah I haven't yet bring home any guys to be introduced to the family. And my guess is; its still a long way to go. Thank you so very much for understanding my decision & allowing me to hold on to it. Appreciate it very much.
Happy Father's Day Babah. I love you so much!!!!

Happy Father's Day Ayah. I love you so very much!!!
I will be adding some more to this post soon don't worry. For the time being I am just "idea"less. That, by the way is not a proper usage of English word; so please refrain yourself from using it okay? :)

No comments: