Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic 2012


Well, to be totally honest I have forgotten all about it until I watched the Olympic Documentary in TV1 a few days back. A good one but too bad 'boring' documentary was always meant to be shown during midnight. What a waste :( The first I watched was something to with gymnastics. The history of the champions and the legends. Of course since I was small, Nadia Comaneci was the one name repeatedly mentioned as the first to score perfect ten's for her routine. An achievement no one thought possible in the previous decades.

Well, I was able to view through her performance and I find it very ...perfect! Lost for words there, but I had actually started watching Olympics Gymnastics when Shanon Miller was the American Queen of Gymnast. I remember that I was glued to the TV whenever the gymnastics routine started because I find her to be very graceful (if you can that to describe the beautiful movements). Even I felt sad when she lost to the Romanian and China's gymnasts. Pergh meleleh air mata kesedihan, sorry but that was the exaggerating part :) Well anyway, I envy those gymnasts for having such a flexible body able to twist and turn very neatly. How I wish I can do the same just for fun. But crap my body is as hard as a plywood can be, so count that out :(

Other than gymnastics, my favorites would be the track and field. I know everyone are so eager to see who is the next King and Queen of speed :) One name I considered to be a legend is Flo-Jo. I guess most of the names belongs to the American Team because they sort of dominates the games which I am into. The quartet was always fondly known as The Bullet. And I must say that the baton passing was awesomely done each and every time possible. Marvelous, oh so  marvelous.

But a link via the Yahoo website intrigues, not to mention intrigues me as well as Malaysian Olympic Official Dress was said to be amongst the bad ones in London. Well, if you read my profile I did say that I was a fashion victim but I think it is kinda cool.Kebaya for the ladies and Tanjak for the gentlemen. Maybe perhaps tanjak could be black in colour but then it won't be that catchy as orange with stripes right? Or perhaps the Fashion Police would rather have this instead hehehehehehe

There's no harm in trying something different right? I dare them

1 comment:

The Tea Drinker said...

when i was a kid, olympics meant my favourite cartoons wouldn't be on tv.

those stripes look kinda good though.