Wednesday, November 21, 2012

No Title As Yet......

Assalamualaikum and Good Morning Everyone,

I know this blog has not been updated for quite a while. Well, to justify I had a lot drafts kept inside the draft box but as I wrote I notice that I did not have quite an ending to the entries and hence it was kept in the draft box for like forever :)

Let me begin by saying that I am sick, flu and cough for the past two weeks since last Monday to be exact. Change of weather (yeah, everyone like to blame the weather rite?) food, drinks...etc. Well, I for one am not good at looking after what I eat, as in even though I am well aware that I am still coughing I still drink ice or cold drinks, although not that often. Got a good scolding from my brother continuously huhu

We had Deepavali celebration in the office yesterday. Last Sunday I went to buy some presents and gifts for the celebration. And we bought some cakes from Kings Confectioneries . At first Jun, my friend who is in charge of the celebration wanted to buy the cakes from Secret recipe. In terms of distance, it is nearer to my office. However, in terms of price, its way cheaper with the new promotion done by Kings. For members, you can get 50% discount on any 1kg cake with no minimum purchase and you can buy the cakes with no maximum purchase! Imagine a cake worth of RM 60 is now worth of RM30! And for 7 cakes we saved roughly about RM 200. Had we gone to Secret Recipe instead, we would have been spending like almost RM600. Jun was so happy as she gets to cut down the budget and use it to spend on something else, say more food :)

I was part of the Fun Club Committee, but I chose to work quietly and decided that I will not go for any meetings. Why? Because no one can actually control the meeting and so it will be dragging on and on and on...Previously no Bosses were to handle these activities, just the managers and staffs. But since the bosses are part of it, of course I can not like barge in and cut the meeting as and when I like right? Eversince I was promoted about two years ago, all but I do is meeting. And I kinda find as a waste of my time. Let's go in discuss accordingly, wrap it up and leave kinda thing is the one for me hehehehe

Well, I bought myself a pair of new Punjabi Dress. The one I kept wearing is almost 10 years old and that is the one i have been wearing eversince, either to the Deepavali celebration or any Indian or Punjabi weddings. Hahahaha just to feel it more I guess. Yup, plain poyo I know.

But unfortunately as the event started, my flu got the best of me. I can even walk and so I was slumped at my chair feeling drowsy. Abang Ben came up to me and told me that I was pucat, I smiled weakly. Before he added "macam mayat" then I frowned and he laughed. He put his hand on my forehead and told me that I was burning. The funny part is I was shivering even as I was using a jacket. I end up putting my head on the table to rest and just closed my eyes.

Then my brother came and woke me up, asking me to eat some food which he took from the pantry. Waa the menu for the occasion was Nasi Beriyani...again. Chinese New Year - Nasi Beriyani. Hari Raya - Nasi Beriyani. Deepavali - Nasi Beriyani. Christmas - Nasi Beriyani. We need to do something about this stereotype menu here. That I shall propose for the next celebration.








No comments: