Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy 25th Birthday Andre

Well, to begin with I received this message through our e-mail on the 27th of December.

Greetings to all Discovery Agents,(that is what we are called, that is our post - gempak kan?)
Would like to send out an invitation to ALL ,will be celebrating my 25th B'day tomorrow yeah im turnin 25 darn it!! and everybody's invited. Bring ur boyfriends, galfriends, gay friends all ur friends if u wana.. It would be great to have all u guys there,no worries if u cannot make it.. Dinner starts at 8 . Location Traders Hotel, Rooftop


To those who do not knw how to get there im always reachable at 0122016704

# to those who want a copy of the farewell dvd we made for cikgu shoeb pls let me knw by 2day and i'll make copies.


Well, I am currently stuck with plans here. I had promised Zul & Lisa that we will be spending time together after almost a year not being able to hang out with them. But, I haven't been able to attend any previous functions held by my colleagues. Hmmm, how am I gonna solve this? Plan to go out on Saturday night instead. But hey wait a minute! Zul will be going to Singapore this Friday night. Why? Because his tennis pro player girlfriend, Maria Sharapova will be playing against Anna Chakvetadze at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Sunday the 30th. Well, I decided to ask Zul & Lisa if they wanna join me for Andre's Birthday Party. After all Andre did mention bring your boyfriend (that will be :) ), galfriend (that will be Lisa) and gayfriend (that definitely will be Zul). So, I text them to inform them of my idea, and fortunately they agreed to it.

So, plan is after work I'll be sending Jai home (Azam was on MC - I believe he got the combination of flu & diarrhoea), pick Zul, Lisa & :) and then we will go straight to Traders Hotel (God knows where that is). :) called to inform that he has a last minute work to be done. Apparently a machine needs to be prepared for tomorrow's delivery and that he was only informed last minute of the situation. Hm, this is what happen if you are under employment. Well, never mind then. As long as there were four of us, I'll be fine.

Before leaving home, I received a call from the part time agency which I am currently working with for the weekends. I was informed that eventhough I am entitled to an hour's break I was not advised to skip lunch and go back earlier. Last Sunday when I was sent to Ampang, I had skipped lunch and opted to go back earlier at 7 instead of 8PM. Well, what's the difference anyway? Assuming I took my break at my final hour of duty, that's the same right? Creating a fuss over a small matter. Flashback to last Sunday.

Last Sunday I was asked to go to Ampang on the pretext of "helping out". I asked a few times for clarification. Helping out means I am helping someone there right? Yes, he said. Means that someone will be there with the stuff and I'll be helping out with the sale right? Yes, he said. :) told me, Nope I think you are going to be alone there. Better don't go. But, I insisted that there will be someone there & opted to go & "help out". Well, he did say yes to the above questions right? Can you blame me for believing him. Lurus bendul sangat. Tak mahu dengar cakap orang padanlah dengan muka kan? True enough no one was there & I had to wait up to almost an hour before I managed to get my things and setting up my metal rack there. Seriously takder mood dah nak bekerja masa tu. But nevertheless, I managed to smile & approached all the people who seems to be interested in the product. Its because I am not really into my duty that day, I decided to skip lunch and proceed with the duties until 7PM straight away. After packing my things, I straight away went back with such frustration inside, not to mentioned the agitated feeling as well. I also inquired if I could start a bit early the next day, Saturday as I wanna go to Anti's place for another "makan makan". She seems hesitated as well & then she told me that she will try & asked Mr Siva, The Manager in-charge in Tesco Mutiara Damansara. She'll call back if its not possible. But if its ok, then she will not return call. Then I decided, might as well start as normal la. Such a hustle. Yeah, I know its the procedure so nothing much can be done right?
Well, whatever. I wanna create the party mood so I am not letting anything stand in my way. No sirrey. So, then off we went to Traders Hotel straightaway. Well, as usual gossip is in the air. Its the what's-the-latest-info-aka-gossip in BTC for Lisa & Zul along the way. I informed Zul of the great news - Zarrin's promotion. He immediately called Zarrin to congratulate him. Unfortunately Zarrin was on duty so he was not able to chit chat on the phone. The next topic was on the it-who-must-not-be-named who seems to dislikes@dissaprove of Zarrin's promotion. The it-who-must-not-be-named who never bother to check the section anymore. Aiyah, 1001 true stories to be shared with Zul & especially Lisa (well, she has left BTC for quite sometime now, besides me and a few others she might not know any staff there anymore. Except for Hadi I believed, for I remember she did mentioned him being her friend's brother). Well, that's that.


Once we arrived, I called Andre to inquire about the venue. Aiyah, he's not here yet. Alamak malunya saya. Rasa macam terhegeh hegeh pulak nak datang awal. Poyonya rasa. I just don't wanna be fashionably late. Like I said before, I never yet had the chance to join in any other occasions held by my colleagues; so I thought perhaps maybe I should not come late. But instead I accidently came early. Earlier than the host. Well, Andre told us that he'll be arriving in 10minutes time.


We went to the 33rd floor and waited outside. Once he arrived, he settled the venue with the PIC and then we were off to the spot. Wallawei, superb view man. I have read the comments through its website and true to what I've read. Nice view of the KLCC and surrounding areas. Lights everywhere, it is just the nicest view of KL which one can enjoy. Rasa macam duduk di America ataupun Paris pulak hehehe. Majunya Malaysiaku dengan bangunan pencakar langit yang tinggi tinggi. Kita masih boleh duduk di tempat yang tinggi tinggi tanpa perlu duduk di atas pokok. That's how people once potrayed us Malaysians right? "Do you still live on trees?" That was the most FAQ by the so-called 1st World Country during the early 70's - or at least that's the famous quotes brought by lecturers or Ministers anyway.



Well, there were just the 4 of us and Andre. I introduce :), Lisa & Zul (as Jai's gay partner) wakakakaka. Andre just looked at me with the "you-have-just-gotta-be-kidding-me" kinda look hehehehe when I told him that Zul is Jai's housemate aka gay partner. I know Andre doesn't believe me and surely he knows I am bluffing hehehe. We lepak lepak and sembang sembang a bit.

Well, if I am not mistaken Oni, Nazrin & Kak Yani were the next to come. Followed by Farid & his friend. Next to make an appearance were Ramzul and the clan hehehe. They came together Mas, Aizan & their 2 gal friends. We had a lot of food and drinks. But I must say these were a very 'sopan" & obedient crowd. If it had been my BTC clan, pergh, the next table neighbour will surely curse us before asking to be relocated to another seating area hehehe. Well, it was fun and not really happening but okay lah kan?

I believe everyone is still trying to get to know everyone still & I must say that Andre's party has certainly help to improve our social communication amongst ourselves. I am quite a close & private person I guess. Depends on the other person and situation I hardly open up to people whom I did not know or people whom I am not close to or comfortable with. Well, thats me. After a few backstabbing cases, I am more choosier than ever. People say, once bitten twice shy hehehehe. Me takderlah pemalu tapi penyegan jugak wakakaka.

I remember my 1st few weeks here in MMC. Punyalah tak bercampur dengan orang. Makan pun dekat meja sendiri kalau tak bercampur dengan Jai & Abang Tony. Tapi Abang Tony selalu keluar makan dengan Andre lagi lagi time Ramadhan dulu. Entah yea, masa tu bukan sombong tapi I prefer to sit and watch people before approaching. They have been here earlier than I am therefore, they have their own clique so to speak. Its actually not that hard to talk to people, tapi jenis berat mulut, tulah susahnya. I think the 1st person who spoke to me was Syasya. I had wanted to go to the Surau down on the basement & she showed me the stair case saying that it will take forever to reach there using the lift. Hehehehe from then onwards, I start making friends with Syasya, Mas,Siti & Kak Farah. Next was Kak Ila. Then Kak Liza (she really knows how to cook & she is very rajin to bawak lauk too). There were others too but these are amongst the first people to ever spoken me hehehehe.


Around ten Anti (my manager came) she was bit late because she needs to do some grocery shopping (we will be having another makan makan the very next day at Anti's place). Then came the birthday cake, and as loudly as we can (though not that very loud) we sang the evergreen classic Happy Birthday To You to Andre. After blowing the candle Andre gave a short speech but a very overwhelming one I must say. How he likes working with us and how knowing each and every one of us has adds colour to his life. He enjoys knowing us and spending time with us. And he hopes that we will remain that way if not better. Aaawwwww, such a sweet guy. Who is Andre Raj Pillai in my life? (Yeah, by now you people will say , such a cliche. Each and everytime its the same question to a different name before proceeding to introduce another person who has made an impact to my life. In case you have forgotten, this my blog so suka hatilah kan nak tulis macam mana pun kan? :)

I know him as the most senior staff and also a top scorer here in MMC. I see him as the leader of our team. Next to him will be Hafiz Hassan (I'll save his profile for later edition of my blog). A sweet & simple but yet a charming guy. Likes to smile. Very multitasking (I will not explain that if you don't mind). Very helpful as well. Always there to help us who are in need of his opinion and advise on how to classifiy an advertisement. Likes to smile a lot. When he calls people, he likes to make it loud as if trying to make people jump to their feet (especially to Mas - he likes to tease Mas this way hehehe. Nasib engkaula Mas). He loves BMW; heck he even owns one - and he just turn 25 last Saturday okay?! Yup, in case you haven't noticed; I am jealous here. I love BMW too, but that has to wait until at least ten years from now. BUT ANDRE ALREADY ONWED A BMW! Hwargh jelesnya saya! Jeles lagi dan lagi dan lagi dan lagi.....Okay back to my blog.
Well, back to the events of the night. We left the party at about eleven something. I had to send Nawa before heading to another lepak place hehehehe. Nawa needs to practice for a gig for the next day's event held in Mount Kiara if I am not mistaken. Ler, Nawa tak cakap. Kalau tahu dia ada latihan gig, boleh kami beransur awal. I thought he had wanted to stay a bit late, as he arrives quite late (as compared to us lah kan?). Inside the car Nawa & Zul exchange their knowledge in regards to music eg, favourite bands, favourite genre, what concert did they went to etc. I just found out that Nawa's band is called the "Super Animal Junkie". Macam cecomel pulak. Zul as usual with his Short-Term-Memory Loss syndrome. Kept on asking the same question at least twice before all of us jumped in and scolded him for forgetting the things which have been said just a few minutes ago. Aiyah, this budak has sooo many things inside his mind that he kept forgetting them. Muda lagi tu. Isk isk isk Zul. I hope you won't forget who's your girlfriend or who's your wife nanti. Haru ajer besok besok karang.


Halfway inside the car I accidently dozed off ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....Suddenly became so sleepy. Sedar sedar dah ada di Uptown. Aik, bila pulak plan ke Uptown ni? Then I remembered, originally the guys Zul & :) had plan to go to Kampung Bharu for a freshly made nasi lemak in front of the school. But since we have to go to Damansara to send Nawar, they changed their plan to Uptown instead. Why? Diorang lapar giler! I have had my share of Satay, Popia, Onion Ring but apparently those two are still hungry! Tembolok besar betullah diorang tu. I told :), I wanted to stay and sleep inside the car. Lisa insisted to stay with me, I told her to go on ahead. After all, this was supposed to be a gathering night for her. I'll be fine inside the car. :) told me, "Tapi diorang nak jumpa B". And I got annoyed. "Abang please, I am too sleepy even to sit up straight. Just let me sleep for a few minutes and I'll be fine."


After a few minutes (I don't remember exactly how long) Lisa & me got up and walk slowly towards the eating place. I saw Jai & Sharil there together with :) & Zul. Laa, ada ker mamat 2 orang nih? Jai informed me that he could not make it to the gathering because he had already make plans with his former UITM-mates. Sharil is getting fairer and fairer. Putih gilerr!! "What happen to you?" I asked him. He just smiled. "Kerja dalam air-cond beb. Macam nilah jadinya"."La kami pun kerja dalam air-cond jugak takderlah putih melepak macam kau ni haa".

Sharil is now working with Fitness First, in Uptown, but for the time being he is attached to the Curve branch for his training. He used to be our colleague in BTC, in charge of the Audio section under Erwin. But he stays in the same block as Jai in Palm Spring, same floor in fact. So, we are still able to meet up with each other. We are kinda close in a way. "Mana Ina?" Ina is his girlfriend. Comel and gila gila macam dia jugak. But she is strict under some circumstances. That is one of her characteristics which I admired. Ina went back to Johor till Sunday if I am not mistaken. She has just finished her studies in UITM, taking Mass Comm or was it Journalism. I can't remember. She did her practical with ASTRO but unfortunately chose not to apply for a job there. Well, unfortunately for us ler. Because no more free tickets to any concerts anymore boo hoo hoo. "Oh, Ina takder kau hidup membujang lah yea Sharil?Takper, aku kabo kat Ina nanti dia balik." Hehehehe

Did not spend that much time there. Lisa must be sent home before parents dia carik karang. Yeah I know she's no more an SPM leaver but still, she is still young. Well, younger than the rest of us anyway. So lets not get her into trouble ok.

Tired I am but happy I am too. Now, rest I must. Tomorrow, work I must go. Next blog, write I must. So, wait you must.

1 comment:

ebikko said...

giler bapak panjang malas aku nak bace... tapi aku suke part "The next topic was on the it-who-must-not-be-named who seems to dislikes@dissaprove of Zarrin's promotion."

aku kenal... aku kenal.... hahaha