Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rumah Anti


Well, I had intended to start work slightly earlier today & thought of leaving slightly earlier as well to attend a "makan makan" at Anti's place in Taman Tun. Well, thought about it. Since after last night's conversation with the Magazine's Manager, I think I had better not create any more so-called issues or problems. Karang dia tak bayar gaji karang haru ajer beb. So, I finished work at 8pm, went to buy a box of Mandarin Oranges (Yup, slightly too early for the oranges I believe, Chinese New Year is not up until a month and a half I think). Went to stop by BTC to pick up Anti's SPO book. I forgot that I have fully paid for the book, and as for being one of the staff, I don't have to pay the shipping fees. Neat huh? Moi privilege that I am more than happy to obliged hehehehe. Pick Jai up from his house and zooom we went straight to Anti's place. Once there, I almost went to the next door neighbour's house instead of Anti's. Well, can't blame me. The 2 ladies were like waiting & walking towards their gate. I thought it could be Anti & someone else, welcoming us. How should I know, perhaps those were just curious neighbours as to why there are a lot of people parking their vehicles around the area & a lot of people entering their next door neighbour's house hehehehe. Agaknyalah kan?

Once inside a lot of people were already there. Most of them sat outside; accompanying the barbeque stove I guess.There's Kak Yani, Nazrin, Oni, Farid, Amin, Rohit, Nazmi, Christian, Arif, Mas, Syasya, Kak Ila - Aizan & BF, Kak Liza (was there since morning) arrived the same time as we did. Akmal was playing the electric guitar accompanying Aliff who is singing the lyrics out from the laptop. The 2 entertainers, WOW, they have thought of everything don't they?

There were the barbeque - cooked routinely by Arif, Kak Yani, Nazrin. The Nasi Goreng was gone, but Kak Liza's famous "Sambal Ikan Bilis Cili Padi" is still there. So, I took Spaghetti with the Meatballs while adding up the Sambal Ikan Bilis Cili Padi to it. Weird? Eh, sukalah! My choice of food, my mouth, my teeth, my stomach, my erk, lets just stop there ok. Takut ada yang tak lalu nak makan sambil sambil membaca blog ni pulak. We ate almost everything, but I think we were more thirsty than hungry. I myself, kept drinking than eating. Hehehe but I still add the spaghetti & I took some barbeque Squids, Prawns as well. Might as well so that I won't go back hungry right? Mas came over and feed a spoonful of Caramel Puding to me - hm manjanya. That what was I thought; but for the next split second I changed my mind. Pergh, they were all looking at me as I struggle to swallow it down my throat. I can't really hide my expression I think for it caused them burst with laughter. Cheh, hampeh dot com korang nih. Baik ada makna rupanya. Well, at least its a good thing. I had wanted to take one caramel puding later, but now I know that it is not wise to do that. Sebab itu kita di galakkan berkongsi kan? Hehehehe

About almost eleven, we gather around at the sofa for Anti wished to say something and to recite the prayer as well. I believed that Kak Lorna & Andre will be coming in a short while. Kak Lorna came slightly earlier than Andre, and she has a birthday present for Andre too! "I got you a bag that I stuffed with nespapers inside" said Kak Lorna. Yea ke? Takkan beg ajer kot? "Open the freakin' bag;" she countinued. Aaww, sooo sweet a Sponge Bob Plushy. Big size too. Hehehe thought so.

Well, as we put our hands together for the prayer, Anti has asked us to begin with the recitation of Al-Fatihah. Before reciting the doa, she shared her views with us in regards of her religion background etc. On how some might find it irony to have a "Telekung" & a praying mat in one room and a picture of Jesus in another. Well, Pendek has all including a picture of Buddha all in one room! Therefore, I am not really that surprised at all. It depends on how one view the religion really.

I remembered a story during the time of Prophet Musa or Moses as it is mentioned in The Bible. There were 2 disciples of his who has been highlighted by HIM to the prophet. Disciple A never misses any of the Prophet's classes & sermons, where as Disciple B tends to miss the classes due to work. Therefore, as one might guess, obviously Disciple A is loved more by the Prophet than Disciple B. When Disciple A died, the prophet would like to have a proper burial when he received the instruction from HIM to abandon the body & let it be eaten by the coyotes. Prophet Musa was puzzled; but nevertheless he proceeded as instructed. But when Disciple B died, Prophet Musa was advised to do a proper burial for him instead. Puzzled as he was, Prophet Musa went to meet with the late disciple's wife. Wife of Disciple B mentioned how each night before going to bed, Disciple B always seeks HIS forgiveness for not being able to attend the prophets sermon and prayed that he will still be blessed by HIM for he believes that was what has been taught by the Prophet. A shocking answer was obtained by the wife of Disciple A. His wife described that every night before going to bed, Disciple A would always sigh and said " How I wish what's said by Prophet Musa was nothing but the truth". Surprised? I bet not as much as the Prophet was. Dear readers, please do correct me if you found any mistakes from my narration. This is what I have read, but I can't remember exactly from which book. Therefore, I believed what's important is your faith in HIM, regardless of who your BIG BOSS is.

Some of the words really touched me. Its true what Anti had said earlier on. Its the connection with the Big Boss which is the utmost important thing for us. As she prayed in her indonesian language, what I can summarise - To be blessed with a better year 2008, to become a better staff in the office, for her to be a better boss in office (kantor, lama tak dengar perkataan tu). There's more but I can't remember. Once I remember I'll let you guys know by adding it in here ok.

Well, soon after the doa recitation we went home. I am kinda tired & sleepy due to my job description; standing all day that is! Sent Jai, and then went straight to bed! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: