Monday, December 17, 2007

Our Pretty Ang on Deal Or No Deal

Well, I got a message from my beloved adik Ann. "Kak tune in to NTv7 now, Christine is on Deal Or No Deal! Yes, our very own Pretty Ang is on the show." Well, as I was having a plea session with God at that time, I sorta read the message few minutes later & when I switched on the TV the moment was gone. All I see was the mix Chindian lady; with the chosen suitcase."I guess she didn't make it to this round huh?"." Ya, she missed by one question kak". Well, a few hours later, as I switched on my phone (battery went flat & so I have to charge it for a while before :) went crazy if I don't reply :) messages or can't be reached).

"Akak vote for Jaclyn Victor, She is representing Malaysia for the Asian Idol. The show has started." Drats! I missed it again. I soooooooo planned to watch it that night. I only missed Jac's 1st song. I watched Hady Mirza singing his first song. A Malay song; Berserah, originally written & sang by Singapore's 1st Idol Taufik Batisa. Okaylah, but did see that he was struggling during the first half of the song. As if the song was too hard for him or perhaps because he was trying really really hard to capture the feeling of the song. The Vietnamese chick; Phuong Vy was rather sweet & pretty but her version of Celine Dion's River Deep Mountain High was not really that impressive though I must say I enjoyed her showmanship quite alright. Sweet; smiley and enjoying the song as she sings is definitely a bonus to her performance. Minus the pronunciation though, do forgive her as she's not from an English speaking country background. But listening to how Celine Dion performed that song, she really really needs to work harder in performing it too. Because the standard has been set and it will be seen. Though one can not expect her to be at par but a more energetic performance would have suited better.

Phillipines Mao Marcelo, was a superb talent though I must say I have to agree with Paul Moss, she still reserved some of her best inside her. Not all was let out. If she was letting out I am so sure she'll definitely be Da Bomb for the night. Her passion can be seen though I must say I don't understand the words that was sang hehehehe. Indian Idol, Abhijeet Sawant sang Everything I Do I Do It For You. Anyone remembered Bryan Adams? Diction can be improved but judging from the cheers, I believe he has managed to capture the hearts of the audience. Good choice of song since the song is still a hit I must say. Breaking the singer-audience barrier seems easier with the song. Indonesian Idol Mike Mohede seems good too. Singing I Believe I Can Fly, I must say he's definitely one of the toughest contestant for Jac to beat. He kinda reminds me of Ruben Studdard, the 2nd American Idol. A cute sweet and chubby guy with a heart full of beautiful voice.

Then came the second round. Hady Mirza sang U2's hits It's A Beautiful Day. He chose the song sang by the 1st World Idol - Norwegian Pop Idol Kurt Nilsen. Mungkin bias agaknya, tapi saya rasa biasa biasa aja nyanyiannya. Doesn't really captures my attention and I do think its boring as well. Phuong Vy sang a Vienamese song - about a girl who falls in love I think. But according the judges, the feeling was not really captured through her singing. But I do believe she not only delivers it well, her expression does glow as she sang the song too. I guess she was the famous participant among the 2 male presenter hehehehe. Mao Marcelo sang Gloria Estefan's hits - Reach. Still, she is keeping her best inside. Thats too bad, because these will be their last performance before the votes are closed the next day.

Abhijeet Sawant sang a Hindi song & I can see that the judges have been waiting for this. I can't remember who, but a judge apparently mentioned that "This is the much awaited performance. The Hindi sensation brought out to Indonesia for Asean Idol". Hehe nope. Not the famous Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (that still is the best Hindustan Soundtrack for me), Hum Sath Sath Hain ( that is still the weirdest Hindi movie for me - no usual conflict through out the story until the last 45 minutes), I think it is his song that he sang. Jac sang her Gemilang and I must say together with Mike Mohede, they delivered the best performance that night! She indeed saved the best for last. The Singaporean judge however commented, that her is singing is too technical. Hello, stupid or what?! This is a competition maa, not some fun fair or karaoke. That's what differentiate a singer who sings and a performer who performs. Menyanyi ni bukan aci redah ajer. Kena tahu cara kalau tidak, takderlah ramai peserta realiti tv yang di reject kan? Not only Jac, but the hosts were also kinda puzzle for a while before managing to respond to his comment.

Compare to the Singaporean judge, I think our very own Paul Moss was much better in giving out opinion. Remember how he commented on Mao Marcelo, it shows that he surfed to get to know the singers; their strengths and weaknesses even before the competition. Even as a judge, he is doing his homework. And last performance, Mike Mohede; sorry Malaysians but I was eager to watch his last performance as well. I just got the feeling he will let it all out and gave his best. It was such a nice feeling watching as he closes the competition for the night. Results will only be announced the very next day.

The voting system is kinda unique, whereby you are not allowed to vote only one contestant. It needs to be 2 or your vote won't count. Just to be fair I think. Well, India is kinda big country and to think that everyone there will be voting for Abhijeet Sawant - other country's contestant won't have a chance hehehehe.

Results? Like I said, Tomorrow; announce it will.

No comments: