Sunday, January 6, 2008

You Are Soooooooooooo Dead Aaron!!!!!!!!!!

Aida Yaoi had promised to drop by today just to say hi. Well, previously we had plan to go back together. But she came with a friend therefore she will be going back with her friend. But nearing the end of my shift I received a mesage from Aida asking if she could hitch a ride since it is raining & she needs to purchase some Yaoi Manga from BTC. No problem anyway, and told her to wait in BTC. I went to see her and I was shocked to see a Masked Men whom I knew very well from his books; there sitting in front of the escalator. There was an author signing session & I know nothing about it!!! I quickly went to the kids at Info, "Is it over yet?" "Belum kak, sempat lagi kalau nak minta autograph". "Mintak A4 paper sehelai."

Slowly I tiptoed behind Aaron & tapped his left shoulder as he was talking to the Masked Man. "Oh Hi......," he was smiling sweetly & not to mentioned innocently to me. I returned the smile before saying out loud, " You are soo dead Aaron. How could you not tell me that Russell Lee is coming to BTC? You know how I am such a die hard fan of Russell Lee! How could you forgot to tell me? You are so dead Aaron. So dead in fact you won't be alive." There I was babling about how dead Aaron would be that I was forgetting that Russell Lee was in front of me. I had almost missed him again. I had missed him when he first came to Popular Book Store in Ikano end of last year, because I had to work in the afternoon shift.

One of Russell Lee's comrade took some gifts and hand it over to me. "Its ok, he is still here not to worry. You can still get his autograph", I think she is trying to calm me so that Aaron can still breath and lives. You are so lucky Aaron. And so I went to meet Russell Lee, THE RUSSELL LEE! We shook hand & I introduced myself. Oh My God, I think I talked non-stop. I was stammering and kept on blabbering on and on and on. I sure hope he is not bored by the things that I shared with him. I sounded and acted a bit poyo I think. Well, :) agreed on that. Cheh! I shared with Mr Lee on how I have his whole collection with me; how I am using it to teach :) English; how his books taught me not to be scared but rather to see ghosts in another perspectives; how his books are motivationally inspiring especially in cultivating reading and writing amongst young readers around the globe. I am not really sure whether he was impressed with what I said or with my capability to express everything within a gasp of breath hehehe. I don't know which is which. Whatever it is, it is just inspiring to have actually met him. Really! I thanked God for leading me to the events today and it is truly a memorable and cherishable one for me. When we did the Russel Lee handshake, he teased me by purposely swinging his hand sideways when we were doing the high 5. Hehehe the Singapore Master Of Horror still has his sense of humour I believed.

When I took picture with him, I can see that the people who were sitting were actually trying to take a look at who I am. The girl who expresses such enthusiasm & passion while meeting Russell Lee, whom they might never heard of anyway. That is when it hit me, perhaps I was a bit poyo while meeting Russell Lee just now. Well, whatever. Those who knows and feels the passion will understand what it is like. He signed a poster for me and gave me the freebies, including a Cell Phone pouch. Seronoknya!!!!! I put the poster inside my file, to ensure that it will not be ruined by the rain outside. and I went home smiling non-stop. Smile & Smile & Smile & Smile.

The End

No comments: