Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year @ Gong Xi Fa Cai

I received my FIRST & most probably my only Angpow yesterday from Auntie. Seriously, I was not even close to her, since I am only there during weekends only maa. But nevertheless I am happy happy happy as the Chinese New Year celebration unwritten policy states that as long as you are not yet married you are entitle to get the Ang Pow, as many as you can. Yippee yeay yeay, unlike Aidil Fitri where only the children gets to collect the money money money hehehe.

As usual its kinda slow in the morning but as the afternoon approaches more people are coming in, basically just to loiter around before going for lunch or tea or dinner :) Some are in for the free read, some are really looking for reading materials, some are in for the relaxation, some are in to have a date and clueless aiming for anything and everything in the store. Its kinda funny :)

Honestly, I don't think that a bookstore is an ideal place for a date. Why? Because I for one am a sucker to books books and more books so automatically I will be in the "I-am-alone-do-not-disturb-me" mode and most often I shall ignore everyone and everything else around me. I can actually spent hours in a bookstore without even realizing it.

I don't actually have a preferred genre but I love to read books written by Sidney Sheldon, Tess Gerritsen, Dan brown just to name a few and so I think I am more into fiction :). Heavy non-fiction books are something I am forcing myself to read because I know for a fact that these books are full of knowledge and more knowledge. But each time I tried to read one I will feel very sleepy. At the moment I am also reading Bibles and books about Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Dan Brown ignited my curiosity to the world of Christianity.

Well, everything went well and I enjoyed working, heck I won't be doing this just for the extra allowances ok :) I like seeing younger generations putting their interest in books, kinda remind me of my younger years. Books are a great companion, you can talk to them and they won't talk back, they share your pain as you cried reading, they share your joy are you laugh reading :) That is why I love books so very much - thank you to my Ayah who nurtured the reading habits in me.

Well, that's all for now folks. Maybe I'll see ya sometime later :)

Happy Chinese New Year and may you have blessed year ahead!!!

No comments: