Monday, February 20, 2012

10 days after the engagement

Well, it is roughly ten days after my engagement and still when people ask me, How was it, How are you feeling, What's the difference...I could not figure out exactly what to say. Because people do expect me to say the things which they would like to hear. For example, they do expect me to say " I was excited during the engagement, my heart was pounding so fast that it almost came out". But honestly, I did not feel that way maybe because I was so tired planning and organizing which includes the cleaning and sigh, I did not have the energy to feel the excitement.
For me, its another ritual which means that we are preparing to go another step ahead which is marriage, Insyallah. So what's the big deal? But to those who actually hears me saying that will think that I am taking it for granted. Haiyyah, so difficult it is to please everyone I'd say.

2 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

a looooooong time ago, i half expected something would grow out of me after engagement. it is a big thing!

congratulations!

GrimlyGeekyGirlNext Door said...

Hey there Tea Drinker,

I was actually drinking a cup of ice tea as I replied to your comment :)

Hehehe come to think of it, it is a big thing right? Maybe at that point of time I just did not feel what I was suppose to feel, according to some people's definition about how I should feel.

But yes, after a few days I felt that some things do change as I look at my ring over and over again.

Gosh, next step is marriage right? Now I am freaking myself out.

Anyway thankx Bro :)