Sunday, March 4, 2012

Langkawi Touchdown - Day one

Well, we arrived roughly about 8:30am and we had a tough time calling the boys (Ben,Mus,Cik Tapan and Sashi). Haish, they must have been sleeping still. After minutes of calling, then Sashi picked up the phone. About 20 minutes later he came...with Ben. Aiyak, how to fit in more people in the car. Well, I immediately offered myself to go first :) Took the key, have to pay deposit for the remaining keys and then slept for about an hour while waiting for the rest. we only have one car at the moment, the rest of the cars will be coming roughly at 3pm.

About 10am, we went for breakfast at the Breakfast Bar about few minutes walk from the motel. This is where we use to have our breakfast when we were in Langkawi two years back. The service was damn slow, maybe because we are locals? No,I am not being bias. You see, the owner (I assume he is the owner, because of the way he carries himself and talking to the customers) was having a chit chat with some people over at the other. Some of us were seated at the bar and some sat at a table. Since you are seated nearest to the waiter, you would have assumed that he will be able to get your order faster since he saw you sitting in front of him, right in front of his face. But nope, the waiter ignored us totally. We kept quiet because we thought maybe the rest had come much earlier. So we waited patiently. But even after seeing that was taking orders from those who came much later than us, we started calling him. He actually 'refuse' to take our orders and asked a mall kid to take our orders. Bloody hell, that's rude man. Bloody rude. I mean, I don't mind giving orders to the kid, hell no issue with that. But to tell the kid to take our orders simply because he wants to take orders from the tourists, that's insulting. And by the way, in case you have this "Maybe the kid could not understand English" kinda sentiment, let me tell you up front. The kid CAN understand English! I checked in via Fourquare and it seemed that there's a few comment regarding the same treatment which we have endured. Maybe our RM is smaller as compared to USD or EuroD. Whatever...

Well, we had to wait for the rest of the rental cars to arrive, hence we chose to 'lepak-lepak' and resting in our rooms. I had an early jump in the sea activity. Can't resist the temptation...I do not know how to swim but I can float :) Bit of jumping here and there and anywhere before I got tired and decided to go back and change.

Late afternoon we went to meet a cousin of our friend who happens to also be in Langkawi. She was with her students for some road trips. Awesome dudette and happily glowing, she is a few months pregnant :). On the way back, we decided to do some small shopping for tomorrow's clothes to wear. Honestly to avoid heavy luggage, we only brought along some stuffs, just so that we can have more space for all the chocolates to be brought back to KL ( alasan nak shopping shopping sebenarnya huhu). Anyway I end up buying a while English-like cotton dress.
Pergh, girlish sungguh baju itu. The two guys also bought white cotton shirts and pants, for tomorrow huhu. Angels for the day I guess huhu.

The rest were so darn hungry that they had left earlier for the dinner. Its a walking distance. But guess what, we took the wrong turn and end up walking to the other end of the road. Haiyyoh...It should have been turn right at the Motel's front gate and the restaurant
will be on the left side. But we end up turning to the left at the gate and walked for a good 15 minutes. Once we actually reached the place, the three of us were already too tired. The only good thing is that the food was already ordered and not long after that, it arrived. Good thing, for I was already half dead, tired of walking.

The food was not as awesome as how it was before, two years back to be exact. So so only, but since I am already hungry...belasah ajerlah. We walked back and I decided to go to bed early. I would love to join the guys for an outing to the SunBar, but I was too tired and plus they might hopped to different bars, one which I may not like. So I guess I'll just rest and play with my Zoom.

Good nite for the Day One zzzzzz.......

2 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

it's time to paint ur hair blonde and show more of your nose when walking.

and bagi slang skit.

GrimlyGeekyGirlNext Door said...

Hehehehe hidung pesek but I can certainly do the slang huhu