Monday, July 8, 2013

A month has passed by...

I was posting a comment in one of those websites for online short stories and decided to drop my blog address. And I just realized that it has been more than a month since I last posted anything. My apologies readers (hahaha, if any) for my laziness. Yup, I am just going to admit it...I am lazy. Haiya people wanna have blog, you also wanna have blog. But people are constantly updating, you are constantly being lazy huhu.

Well, I joined my new place on the 3rd of June 2013. I had to report to Dayabumi (HQ) before going to Shah Alam. I went there by LRT and thank god, my new boss was having a meeting there as well.So she took me back to the office in Shah Alam. Alhamdulillah, for I was actually forecasting on how do I travel from Dayabumi to Shah Alam. One option was to go home and take my car hehehe. Though I will be arriving slightly late in Shah Alam. But Allah sent me a saviour, my new boss :)

We stopped by Bangsar to buy lunch and my boss treat me to CoffeBean. (waaa belum mula kerja dah kena belanja hehe). We drove back and she helped to assigned a laptop and working desk for me. Everything was done swiftly and before I knew it, I has started working already. There was a new project that needs a database clean up, and so that was my task for the day. My new desk was slightly bigger than before and less clusters because the Execs were given a laptop instead of a desktop and everything was on wireless!!!!! Muahaha

The area was humongous...extremely humongous. As compared to the old office. But I will be positioned at the main building next to the car park. Yeay. And every car has to do reverse park, its a standard which must be followed by every staff. And the guards will call out your car name if you don't...and maybe a summon from HR. I guess so, because no cars seem to defy the orders.

My next table was still empty as my new partner in crime will only be coming in the next Monday. In front of me is Kak Zam (the only female programmer) and next to Kak Zam is Fendi (also a programmer). Most often they will be seating at the meeting table in the middle of the office, as there's a lot of brainstorming session taking place for the new project. So I am left all alone...Lonely, I'm Miss Lonely.....huhu

Oh yeah, did I mentioned that I was seated in front of the boss's rooms. Yeah, you read it right. My desk is directly in front of the Manager's room and to make it worse, the Manager's room is next to the HOD's room. Hwargh, stress stress stress
The feeling of having your bosses looking and monitoring at what you do each and every second you were in the office is suffocating. Well, they don't like look at you all the time right?! Logic speaking they have tonnes and tonnes of work to do, so Jangan Perasan! Huhu

There's a canteen behind the office and that's the port for breakfast and lunch. Though the service is kinda slow but its faster than if you are going out. There's really not much choice around here. Either the canteen, or at the other side of the main road you have Pizza, KFC, a Malay shop and few Mamak's shop (which according to some friends are quite expensive).

There's a small "surau" inside my office which is a relief. We can go at anytime we wish to, provided waktu solat la. If you go 11 am then it looks fishy lah kan. The surau is shared but there's a sign to show if its a male or female who is currently in the praying room. Good eh. And the Muslims here do pray, Alhamdulillah...I am back to the "environment" which Allah has given for me to be a better Muslim.

Altogether there are roughly twenty people in this office, but it is very quiet and calm. A lot of work no doubt but the peacefulness is maintained and hence, its easy to focus on work here. Officially I start work at 8:30am and ends at 5:30. But to avoid the traffic, I normally arrived in the office latest 7:45am and I only go back after Maghrib. Hahaha but I get to finish more work I guess.

So there you go... A little bit of my new life here :) We'll continue some other time ok. Bye.....

1 comment:

The Tea Drinker said...

good to hear from you!

have a good one at the new place.