Thursday, November 15, 2007

To Leave Or Not To Leave

Well, I don't know where to start. 2 days ago, a colleague of mine Syuk was called to see the GM. From what he told me, he was "advised to quit" for MMC. But Why? We asked, the usual kepochi "we" lah kan. Standard maaa, he is afterall our colleague right? Ni bukan menyibuk atau mengambik tahu, tetapi more to rasa concern laaa. "Well, *** said I am being a bad influence to the rest of the guys", said Syuk. The rest of the guys here are some male colleagues who are closer to Syuk. Erk, "define influence" - said I. "Well, you know sometimes they come late and so she said it was because of me". "Performance wise?" "*** said my performance was average", replied Syuk. And that got us puzzled. Us here are the concern female colleagues Hehehe.

Well, when I got interviewed I was informed that performance accuracy is THE main thing that I need to ensure. The 97% is the least accuracy allowed, and GULP....memang gila stress jugaklah kan? But since I had wanted sooooo much to try office routine work, I thought why don't I give it a try. But when such cases happens now I am beginning to wonder & question. Yesterday, a female colleague was asked to hurry up and start work because she was a minute late to start work, at 1045. Morning break is from 1030-1045. *** even stayed behind her and watch her clear up. I kena this morning. 1045 I was pouring hot water into my cup when she waited at the pantry door and ushering us to start work. Sincerely speaking, I am now trying to gain my mood to work now. *** even made the 'rounds' from time to time to ensure we are working properly. Its kinda sickening jugaklah for me, because...I can not work under suspicion and seems like there is no trust my friend.

I do admit sometimes we do office chat and e-mails to our friends, but that doesn't mean we are neglecting our work right? I know now that being in front of the PC for about 8 hours can be boring. Sometimes that's the only entertainment we have to ensure we are always awake there. Being focus is a must; that I understand in order to achieved the desired accuracy. But it is not easy to do so. I have tried and am still trying. Entahla, now I am also thinking about finding other job. Basically I don't like jumping from here to there aka job hopping. Because I don't think it is good for your resume and future career. But if the situation worsen I think I will so too. Up to this point I have not yet have any problems with the management but later tak tahulah. I dislike being watched like I am a kid, even I sometimes do act like one, especially when trying to have the tv all to myself when its my favourite cartoon time (Need I remind you that Babah always is on my side hehehe, even my youngest sister protested) Almaklum jarang pulang ke rumah parents kan?

Back to the topic, entahlah, mungkin saya sukar bekerja dengan orang yang tak percaya kepada saya. I mean I have been backstabbed not once but twice, because I trusted people so much to the extend they feel the need to topple me in order to get a better position. Tetapi hukum karma mengatakan setiap yang berbuat baik di balas baik yang buat jahat tentulah dibalas jahat kan? Sebagai Muslim pun kita percaya kepada pembalasan Tuhan, tinggal lagi tak tahu bila. Cepat atau lambat ajer kan?

But to my friends and colleagues here in MMC, I believe you are all survivors and this is just a mere test for you. You are capable of better things and so think what's best for you and go ahead. To me, chaiyyo!!!!

See me next week.

No comments: