Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gabriel Part 1

I read about a new movie that will be showing in cinemas this week beginning on the 17th; titled Gabriel - well, judging by the title I believed that somehow it is connected with angels and such. I wonder if it will be as good as Constantine. It all started last Monday the 14th when me and Kak Lorna were discussing about new movies that we planned to watch. We talked about Gabriel and judging from the trailer it looks good. No to mentioned the soundtracks, too. Well, we still need to plan the date.

Well, I am kinda broke and therefore I have no entertainment budget this month. Need to carefully calculate my spending so that I can manage until my next payday. Yeah, I accidentally miscalculated my budget while paying my bills last week. But then again, since I know that the money was used to pay my bills, I have no regrets. But I do need to carefully calculate my spending so that it can last until the end of the month. Hm, to watch or not to watch - that's the question ( feel free to add a little bit of Shakespearean touch here).

On Tuesday I was little bit late; again. Then when Kak Lorna saw me; she showed me a piece of newspaper cutting from The SUN - for Gabriel ticket redemption at Cineleisure The Curve TODAY! Wallawei, I could not believe my luck. I can watch the movie while still be within my budget. We planned to go there straight away after work. It is after all a free movie, so my bet, there will be a lot of people there as well. Though I do not predict a heavy crowd, as I noticed that there wasn't a wide promotion for this movie. Could it be because its an Australian product?

Kak Lorna asked Alif & Boy to join us. But they wanna go back home first, change clothes and freshen up I guess. Aiyah, kalah perempuan betullah diorang ni. Well, never mind. The core team would be me, Azam; Kak Lorna and :). I will be meeting Kak Lorna there; we'll be queuing together. Azam & :) will be coming after Maghrib. Let them pray first. Ticket redemption will begin at 8:30 PM but even as I arrived there at 7 PM, people are already in line. Pergh, and I thought we were early. This is my first time redeeming free tickets. I must say I am more interested in redeeming the tickets rather than watching it. Don't get me wrong. I am excited to watch Gabriel but I am just more excited in redeeming the tickets.Well, as I was lining up properly, an Auntie who sat next to the pillar said to me "I am queueing in front of you yea?" - I don't even know where she'd come from. Kak Lorna insisted to stand in front of the Auntie, but I just stand behind the Auntie. Since I am still in the first 15 to queue, I don't really mind as I strongly believe I can still get the tickets. Even though there's this Auntie in between us, me and Kak Lorna continued chatting through the waiting hours. Hello, in case you missed the lines just now, I did mentioned that I arrived at 7 PM and tickets redemption only begins at 8:30 PM. Make your calculation for the period of waiting time there.

We talked about almost everything and nothing at the same time. Kak Lorna told me how she used to work in GSC, when it first opened in One Utama. The pioneer batch in fact, that they took a picture of her to be placed in their website for job vacancy. Just go to their website http://www.gsc.com.my/ and click on the vacancy button at the bottom of the page. there's 5 people on the header of the page right? She is the one at the far right? Yup, for those who already knew her, yup, that's her (during the not so "chubby" & slightly longer hair era). Kenapa? Tak percaya? Percayalah. Jangan biarkan diri anda di selubungi misteri. Hehehe

While staying in line, there was one Chinese Lady who walked past us and start queuing in front of the next table. I was curious and furious. Curious as I was wondering if it is permissible to queue over at the next table. And furious because; if there is no such thing as the next line then the lady should be queuing behind us as well! Oklah, benda free kan? Obviously everyone wants to get them but everyone should used the proper channel and be polite to others as well. As I was mumbling non-stop to myself; obviously; Kak Lorna went over to check the next line. "Its for the magazine coupon lah Sya. Magazine Spotlife". Oh really? Its a good thing I didn't went over and gave her a piece of my mind. If not, pergh surely I'll be too embarrass to watch Gabriel later. Patient is virtue, hehehe. I am known to be a bit temperamental. Ask anyone who knows me, especially those who are close to me. What? You don't believe me. Ok, ok fine! I AM A VERY temperamental person; I admit. Puas hati?! Sheesh people, you guys can be sooo not-rock at times.

The Spotlife redemption counter opened way before the SUN. We can only envy those people who have already redeemed their tickets. Kak Lorna jokingly wanting to buy the magazine in order to redeem the tickets earlier. Just a few more minutes to go, before the tickets can be redeemed. Penantian suatu penyiksaan, betullah kata orang orang tua. They are the wise one. Hmmmm.....

When the representative came to open the redemption counter, I can sense the relieve & gladness surrounding me there for a moment. People seems to be alive & lively once more. Okay, I sound exaggerating I know. But seriously people didn't look so gloom anymore. Mainly because the counter is open; and secondly because it was handled by a cute girl hehehe. Such a tactic to ensure no one would go crazy while redeeming the tickets. Hm, at last we are a few steps closer to the tickets.

One...
Two...
Three...
Four...
Five...
Six...
Seven...
Eight...
Nine...
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the tickets. Aha aha aha
Come and do the ""Kambing" dance aha aha aha

No comments: