Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Shutter

I resumed the activity of watching my favorite genre movie, horror aka ghosts stories. This time I am targeted "The Shutter", a Thailand horror movie. Maybe I am stressed and I need to DE-stressed myself by scaring myself. Does that even make sense hahahaha I don't think so.

As usual the hanging place was the Cine Leisure Movie theater. And so the movie begins....showing a couple meeting with an accident. One which the GF was convinced that she had ran over a girl. But the plot thickens when the BF's BFF all died in a horrific way shortly after the incident. The GF was very much sure that they were haunted by the girl whom she had ran over but was clueless as to who it was.

After much investigation, the 'ghost' happens to be the BF's ex college mate and ex-GF. But the girl had committed suicide after he decided to end their relationship. A shocking experience for them when they found out that the body of the girl was laid to decompose on her own bed in her house, when they came to share their experience with the girl's mother. After a proper burial, the GF was pretty much sure that they will be left alone only to find that more secrets are to be revealed by the 'ghost'.

A camera was found bearing pictures of the ex-GF aka 'ghost' being raped by the BF's BFF, and the person who actually took the picture was the BF himself! What the hell! That is so cruel wei, and not to mention heartless!!! It happens that the 'ghost' was once an awkward young lady who does not socialize that much and the BF was so embarrassed that he refused to tell his friends and even decided to break up with the poor girl. And when she threatened to commit suicide he went and told his friends. That's when they decided to rape the girl and asked him to take the pictures to keep the girl quiet.

I pity the girl very much. I mean she was really in love with the guy and out of embarrassment he just decided to go along with his friend's plan. Suckers! By the way, all along the guy was actually having a severe neck pain and on the same night that the GF left him (she decided to do so after knowing what the BF had done) he decided to take pictures of the room he was in, trying to look for the 'ghost'. And guess what, the 'ghost' was actually sitting on his shoulder all the time, hence the neck pain.

Pergh awesome revenge if I may say so. In the end he was admitted in an institute, for nutcase, I think and as the ex-GF left the room after visiting, you can actually see the 'ghost' in the mirror, still clinging to his shoulder.

I know that separation and break ups are very painful and can at times be a burden on your shoulder. But I had never thought it to be this way :). Literally portraying the "burden on the shoulder". Well, this movie is good enough for me. I like it very much and I honestly think its a good horror movie :)

No comments: